- 3RD: The Tour de France is the third most watched sporting event in the world after the FIFA world cup and summer olympic games.
- For this edition it will be bordecast in 195 countries against 185 a decade ago.
- 6:30 Great loop has its enthusiasts.
- Viewers spend an average of 6:30 on the roadside to support the runners.This average drop to 6 hours for the steps in plain and climbs to 7:15 for the mountains events.
- 383,062: This is the number of fans on the facebook page of the Tour de France 2011, at 1st july
- Almost as much as the official page of Rolland Garros which as nearly 399000.
- 450 000 euros: This is the amount of the premium received by the final winner.
Each participant, with at least finished the Tour button400.The winner of a stage win for his Euro 8000.
In all, the overall allocation of the Tour de France 2011 totalled over $ 3.4 millions.
- 12 million: this is the number of gifts distributed by the publicity caravan.This is also the number of spectators on the roadside
- 63% of them are under 50 years.